American Success Stories
The All New Chrysler 200
Filmed in Newark, NJ at Unionwear
Chrysler is proud to celebrate the individuals who embody the new spirit of success.
Matthew Burnett: My name is Matthew Burnett and I am the Co-Founder of Maker’s Row.
Tanya Menendez: I am Tanya Menendez, Co-Founder of Maker’s Row. Maker’s Row is an online market place that helps businesses and brands, find American manufacturers.
Matthew Burnett: My background is an industrial design and I used to design watches and I decided to start my own line. I was manufacturing watches overseas for about 3 years and during that time I found that you are really are rolling the dice as a small business owner. I don’t have the time to spend the month oversee the product quality control, but I would just crossing my fingers every time I was ordering something; one time I okayed a sample, 3 months later I get a mass order; it looks nothing like the sample that I approach; so that’s about $40,000 down the drain. Small businesses can take that type of hit.
Tanya Menendez: We’re able to produce smaller batches. We’re able to oversee the production, and they are able to respond to market trends in season. They’re able to produce that in a few weeks and have it to market.
Matthew Burnett: We wanted to create a resource in which be able to find the closest factory with the right pricing or right minimum quantity that you would be able to work with in under a week. It’s almost like a dating site, because there are so many different personality traits that you are looking for to find that perfect match. I think the American dream can evolve to something we’re now people are following their fashion. There are tons of designers, that used to work for large brands and now they are starting their own product-based businesses; because now they have a resource to find these manufactures.
Great background shots in there:
- Unionwear embroidering hats. We embroider hats on the panels before the panels are sewn, for better quality, larger decoration area, and lower cost.
- Our Thread library of over 2000 colors, organized by color, counted for 20 head machines, sorted by number, and kept clean in airtight bags.
- Attaching a visor to a baseball cap.
- Stuffing a visor.
- Sewing the topstitch rows on a visor.
- Attaching a size strip along the perimeter of a baseball cap.
- Closing a tote bag.
- Sewing up the T-bottom on a tote bag.
- Laying up bag fabric to cut 1000 totes.
- Great outside shots of the Unionwear factory.